Monday, August 18, 2014

A gathering and a thought

Over the weekend, I met my JC classmates for a last supper of sorts for Rachel who's flying off to study in Cornell.

I think the word I always used to describe our class (with all tenderness) was dysfunctional. We were definitely a weird combination, with people taking weird subject combinations. I realised that as much as I had 2 years with this bunch, I probably haven't gotten to know everyone very personally.

It struck me that just maybe, I had placed too much of an importance on my studies back then (although I do not regret studying ultra hard for my A levels), and neglected/undermined the importance of relationships with the people around me. Meeting my classmates again after a year or so made me realise that I really like my class and dysfunctional as we were they're a really fun bunch :) so after meeting them again, there was a feeling like... being given a second chance to get to know these people better; and I think it's nice that after all this time we still met up :)



On my part, I think I'm starting to appreciate school as a place that forces you to build relationships with people around you. I keep telling myself that uni is the last chance for me to experience any school-like experiences, so... as much as I can I'll try to participate more and create more memories for keeping. 

-

On a less thoughtful note, 
when Paul and Yamani saw me, they asked me whether I did plastic surgery. I guess that just shows how long it's been since we last met. I told them it's called make up (along with a -_-). But I honestly think I haven't changed much. I think after JC when girls (or boys?) have time to worry about their looks and groom themselves and wear clothes other than school uniforms, they'd obviously look better than they did before. Okay, this sounds quite stupid but I guess it needs to be said. 

Also, my thoughts are flying elsewhere now, but once in awhile I like to facebook stalk myself and look at old pictures of me- sometimes for fun and sometimes when I'm deciding what fringe I should cut, mostly the latter (do you do that too?)- and EVERY SINGLE TIME I cringe and ask myself "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING" with that
- hairstyle
- terrible piece of clothing

and also "wow, look at that puberty" because
- jawline growth
- decreased fats on the face/puffiness
- obvious acne 

but my goodness. I guess 10 years from now I'll be looking at myself thinking the same thing. better give my future self something better to look at. 
I really should exercise more. 

and TAKE MORE PHOTOS. I'm becoming like some aunty. growing old already, must document my youth. 

Here are some baby photos of myself: 






I think I was really smiley. I'd like a baby like me. hahahahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment